We are looking for an Accounting Manager to be a key player with Arrive’s growing Accounting team! Reporting to the Controller, this role will lead the GL team to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting. This position will be actively engaged in the monthly accounting close and forecasting process, analyzing or reconciling complex accounts, and reviewing work of staff accountants. This is a player/coach role in which the Accounting Manager takes on certain complex accounting and reporting areas as an individual contributor as well as oversees a small team of staff accountants.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage Accounting processes and Month end close in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare value added analysis of variances to prior periods and trends.
- Review account analyses performed by staff accountants to ensure all key accounts are supported and reconciled monthly.
- Work with the Corporate Controller to ensure compliance with GAAP, develop accounting policies and ensure compliance.
- Review non-routine transactions and recommend appropriate accounting.
- Review GL coding and cost center assignment to ensure correct management reporting.
- Review expenses at a cost center level for accuracy and understanding of key trends.
- Collaborate with AP, AR, Payroll & Commissions to ensure accurate accounting.
- Accelerate the monthly accounting close to four work days.
- Reconcile cash balances and revolver availability to report cash availability daily.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure efficient and timely reviews/audits.
- Become an expert in the TMS and NetSuite systems.
- Coordinate with IT to communicate systems issues and monitor remediation.
- Manage a small team of staff accountants in a manner that creates positive engagement.
- Provide outstanding staff training and development.
- Creating ad-hoc reports and analyses to support the executive team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field with 5+ years of experience in financial accounting.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Audit experience, Big 4 experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Familiarity with large ERPs, NetSuite experience preferred.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Outstanding collaboration, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information in a clear fashion.
- Comfortable being able to balance the responsibilities of being an individual contributor and a manger.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!