The Accounts Payable Team Lead will own the accounts payable process for an assigned group of Carrier Sales teams. This position will lead a team of 8-10 Carrier Relations Specialists and Clerks. The Accounts Payable Team Lead will work closely with Revenue and Freight Accounting Team, the Claims Team, Customer Relations, and the sales teams to ensure efficient and timely completion of all accounting tasks. In addition to the internal and external relationship management, this role also requires the execution of detail-oriented tasks to keep accounting running smoothly.
- Provide the Carrier Sales team with an aging report and review weekly.
- Schedule regular aging meetings with all involved parties to discuss progress and brainstorm ideas for improvement.
- Ensure carrier bills are accurate and settled timely.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding payables, including significantly past due bills, with Senior Sales Leadership.
- Identify trends and guide the team to reduce A/P aging.
- Manage escalations from the team.
- Investigate circumstances of non-settlement; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding bills.
- Build strong relationships with carriers and factoring companies in an effort to ensure all bills are paid according to terms.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales and sales management.
- Second-Level approver $201-$5,000 for VRAs and manual bills.
- Monitor and manage workflow and daily targets to ensure timely delivery of agreed SLA’s.
- Track and maintain team level metrics and reports for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, unsettled, etc.
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Accounts Payable – Escalations when total unsettled of 28+ is greater than 6% of Total Unsettled
- Lead team: involvement in selection/hiring process (as needed); provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an accounts payable role.
- 1+ years of Logistics/Supply Chain experience
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- Oracle NetSuite Experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel-ability to do vlookups and pivot tables is required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position directly supervises a team of 8-10 Carrier Relations Specialists and Clerks.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!