As an Accounts Payable Team Lead, you will take ownership of carrier-facing accounting communication. You will work closely with our accounts payable team, AP/AR manager and our sales team. On top of internal & external relationship management, this role also requires the execution of detail-oriented administrative tasks to keep accounting running smoothly.
In this role, you will:
- Import & post settlements daily.
- Communicate errors to the appropriate contacts in a timely & transparent manner.
- Review & correct all settlement errors, ensuring all red lights are cleared by the end of each day.
- Manage the AP reporting function. Each day, you will run reports, update them, and follow up on outstanding items.
- Assign emails that come to the AP distribution list to members on the AP team. Once assigned, you will monitor email response time and follow up on past due items.
- Update the AP calendar monthly.
- Oversee invoice retention monthly.
- Update our invoice processing platform as needed.
- Research & resolve returned checked and other AP escalations as needed.
- On-board new AP hires & assist the AR/AP Manager with training duties.
- Contribute to other special accounting projects & initiatives!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- 2+ years of experience in an accounts payable role, required.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a lead accounts payable role, preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to problem-solve independently or collaboratively, depending on the situation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- An “LFG” mentality – once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership role on a growing accounting team.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary + incentive opportunities!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out using our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.