The Accounts Payable Manager leads the timely and accurate collection, processing and payment of vendor invoices, which includes collection and organization of Proof of Delivery and related documentation from carriers for completed deliveries. The Accounts Payable Manager will specifically be accountable for deliverables in the following areas:
Essential Functions and/or Requirements:
- Manage all aspects of vendor invoice processing, including account set up; collection of required vendor documents; invoice audit and approval; accurate general ledger coding; cash disbursement (wire transfers, ACH, and checks); vendor account reconciliations; and managing all aspects of responding to vendor inquiries.
- Inspire, manage, develop and mentor the Accounts Payables and outsourced Accounting Support teams.
- Design and lead User Acceptance Testing of systems changes impacting the procure to pay process.
- Work with cross-functional teams improve efficiencies by redesigning workflows, streamlining processes, and recommending automation initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding Arrive’s end-to-end procure-to-pay processes and related systems (NetSuite, Hubtrans, EDI network, bank payment systems, and Arrive’s proprietary Transportation Management System).
- Partner with FP&A team to forecast cash disbursements.
- Provide routine reporting of processing efficiency, backlog, and team productivity.
- Develop professional employee training tools.
- Provide input on and review Accounting Dashboards for accuracy and improvement.
- Resolve high level escalations with Vendor’s.
- Review and approve high dollar adjustments and invoices.
- Review requests from carriers for non-standard payment terms and approve or deny based on company SOP.
Education and/or Experience:
- Successful candidates will have a track record of success in working with respected high growth firms.
- A bachelor’s degree in business from a respected educational institution.
- 3+ years supervising high volume AP in large complex organizations with sizable staff.
- Large ERP experience required; NetSuite experience preferred.
- Freight brokerage or transportation logistics experience preferred.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Workflow redesign and process reengineering.
- Leading user acceptance testing of Payables system changes.
- Passion for developing and training staff members.
- Managing queues of vendor inquiries.
- Advocate for accuracy, details and organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
- This role will oversee a team of 35+ staff in 4 offices. This is a management and leadership role that plans, directs and reviews the work of the team.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!