As a Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be a member of the Accounting team, focused on ensuring the Accounts Receivable functions run smoothly. The Accounts Receivable Specialist serves as the primary contact for their assigned sales team and related customers. They run reports, work on keeping the AR aging accurate and current, analyze and distribute information, monitor incoming payments and work directly with customers to resolve billing and invoicing discrepancies. The Accounts Receivable Specialist works closely with our BizDev, Carrier Sales, Operations and CashApp Teams.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the primary AR contact for customers and your assigned Sales Team.
- Create, monitor and actively work on customer aging reports to keep the aging accurate and current.
- Work closely with customers and sales teams on collection of past due invoices.
- Research short and overpayments, misapplied funds, payment errors, etc and work closely with the customer, BizDev and CashApp team to resolve these errors in a timely manner.
- Provide payment terms and details to every customer and ensure their understanding of payment expectations.
- Build relationships with key customers and communicate with them regularly to ensure Arrive is paid timely and resolve any concerns or delays.
- Manage invoicing for all your customers, ensure billing methods are accurate and invoices are being sent to the customer in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Customer Relations Clerks on invoice uploads and adjustments needed for accurate billing rates.
- Review and analyze accessorial charges that may require specific approval and billing instructions; ensure accessorials are billed correctly.
- Enter/maintain up to date notes regarding payment status to ensure strong documentation/communication.
- Resolve uninvoiced revenue and unapplied cash on a regular basis to ensure loads are being invoiced timely and customer payments are applied accurately and promptly.
- Correct internal invoicing failures on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 2+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role.
- Industry experience preferred.
- NetSuite experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity to work effectively in negotiation discussions with customer and sales reps.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel-ability to do vlookups and pivot tables is required.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and adaptability to work in fast paced environment.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive base salary + monthly incentive opportunities!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out – we have an onsite gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.