As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be supporting the accounting team to ensure the Accounts Receivable functions run smoothly. The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides financial, administrative and, less frequently, clerical services. They process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts. The Accounts Receivable Specialist works closely with our customer, carrier, and accounting teams.
In this role, you will:
- Create and review customer AR aging reports and send them to each customer weekly.
- Provide quality control oversight to ensure that every customer has accurate accounting information in Accelerate.
- Provide payment terms and details to every customer and ensure their understanding of payment expectations.
- Serve as the primary contact to customers and support customer issues and questions for the POD.
- Collaborate with BizDev Reps within the pod and ensure timely follow-up on customer past due balances.
- Build relationships with key customers to ensure Arrive is paid timely and resolve any concerns or delays.
- Review all discrepancies to settle and invoice loads promptly.
- Manage email invoicing processes and work closely with BizDev reps to determine if they want to receive the email before sending it to the customer.
- Ensure that customers that do not need PODs are set up to invoice on delivery date.
- Work with customers to determine if the delivery date can be the invoice date without PODs.
- Review and analyze daily all accessorials adding on the carrier side that were not added on the customer side.
- Enter notes into CRM regarding payment status to ensure strong documentation/communication.
- Create, review and distribute AR aging for each account with each BizDev weekly.
- Review payments received for application to correct invoices and review invoices prior to distribution as needed.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 1+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role.
- Oracle NetSuite Experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive base salary + monthly incentive opportunities!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out – we have an onsite gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.