The Accounts Receivable Team Lead will own the customer-facing accounting communication. Reporting to the AP/AR Manager, this position will oversee a team of Accounts Receivable Specialists, and work closely with the sales team ensuring efficient and timely completion of all accounting tasks. On top of internal & external relationship management, this role also requires the execution of detail-oriented administrative tasks to keep accounting running smoothly. This role is encouraged to make recommendations and improvements to existing processes.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide A/R and sales team with weekly aging reports.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts.
- Identify trends and guide team to reduce A/R aging and optimize collections.
- Respond to customers on any collection related inquiries and manage 1st level escalations.
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding invoices.
- Build strong relationships with customers and factoring companies in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid according to terms.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales and sales management.
- Monitor and manage workflow and daily targets to ensure timely delivery of agreed SLA’s.
- Track and maintain metrics for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, etc.
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Lead team: involvement in selection/hiring process (as needed); provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 3+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- 1+ year in a leadership role
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!