As a Arrive Fresh Carrier Sales Manager, you will play a vital role in the development of our business as we transition from a thriving start-up to a major player in the 3PL space. From day one, you will leverage your produce and carrier industry knowledge and high energy to develop new sales reps, improve upon our existing carrier relationships, and strategically grow our produce carrier capacity. This is an opportunity to apply your robust freight brokerage expertise to a leadership role.
- Work with a team of produce carrier sales reps to strategically develop their relationships with existing and prospective refrigerated carriers.
- Integrate with our current traditional van/refrigerated sales team to grow static capacity specifically for produce shipments.
- Become an expert in the Arrive business model, our competitive advantages, and our software.
- Ensure Produce shipments are handled with a high level of service to our customers and carriers.
- Unite with our Produce Sales Management team on service and freight priorities.
- Set expectations for your team and ensure each rep is meeting/exceeding their metrics goals through coaching and incentives.
- Strengthen your reps’ knowledge of the market and assist with pricing/negotiation as needed.
- Collaborate with management and executive team to ensure the entire sales team is meeting expectations.
- Bring energy, intensity, and a win-the-day attitude to the sales floor!
Education and/or Experience:
- 6+ years of 3PL experience with a focus on Carrier Sales.
- 2 years managing a team of 10+ employees preferred.
- Demonstrated market awareness and ability to price refrigerated truckload shipments accordingly.
- Proven ability to contribute to a dynamic, high-energy sales team.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be a dynamic leader with a bold presence and contagious attitude.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have the ability to communicate cross functionally and develop long-term, sustainable partnerships with management and peers alike.
- Have mid to expert level of proficiency in the.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Exude a desire to develop the next generation of freight brokers.
- This position will manage a team of 7-15 Carrier Sales team members.
- Take ownership of your career at a growing company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!