We are seeking a skilled Senior Benefits Analyst to join our People Operations team. You will be responsible for administering Arrive’s company-wide benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, employee recognition programs, and the 401(k) plan. You will also support other people-centric projects and initiatives as they come up.
To be successful in this position, the Senior Benefits Analyst should have excellent communication and organizational skills and a solid understanding of various benefit programs and processes.
- Administers Arrive’s benefits programs (e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.).
- Administers and communicates the company’s benefits programs in regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements.
- Surveys market data in order to determine company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
- Assists in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs.
- Ensures benefits plans are cost-effective and competitive.
- Collaborates with outside vendors, such as investment brokers, benefits brokers, and benefits vendors.
- Researches and analyzes benefits plans, programs, and policies.
- Makes recommendations based on data analyses.
- Monitors government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends.
- Manages all government related reporting and filings including audits, 5500s, non-discrimination testing, Plan Documents, and Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Manages the enrollment and renewal process.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS and provides vendors with accurate and timely eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations and educates employees on their benefit programs.
- Performs quality checks and audits of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, eligibility, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to eligibility, enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the open enrollment process, employee meetings and education, and communication.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Assists with Kazoo/You Earned it and other employee recognition programs.
- Supports additional People Operations projects and initiatives when needed.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects confidential information.
- Manages a dedicated benefits email box and responds to employee questions within the hour.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
- 4-5 years’ experience in HR benefits administration.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Knowledgeable on fully-insured and self-insured plans and processes.
- Experience converting from a fully-funded medical plan to self-insured.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate and analyze data in reports.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean People Operations team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.