The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, employee recognition program, and 401(k) plan.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS and provides vendors with accurate and timely eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations and educating employees on their benefits programs.
- Performs quality checks and audits of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, eligibility, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to eligibility, enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the open enrollment process, employee meetings and education, and communication.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Assists as needed on processes or procedures to ensure benefits plans are in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Assists with Kazoo/You Earned it employee recognition program.
- Support other People Operations projects and initiatives when needed.
- Complete monthly reporting and auditing of Worker’s compensation policy.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate and analyze data in reports.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!