At Arrive Logistics, we believe a comprehensive training experience is the foundation of success. To support this belief, we have an entire team dedicated to the creation and execution of our robust training program. We are so excited to add a Business Development Training Specialist to our Chicago team who can leverage their previous sales experience to mentor and train new sales reps as they transition from training to the sales floor! This role represents an opportunity to take ownership of each rep’s performance & add value to our existing training program through hands-on mentorship & development, and content development. You must have a background in freight sales, a proven ability to get in the trenches, and above all, a passion for coaching others.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with each new sales rep to ensure they are progressing through the training program in a consistent way while providing individualized feedback & coaching.
- Coach and monitor Sales Mentor performance and expectations.
- Track effort & sales metrics on a weekly basis during the Business Development Program.
- Organize and schedule pre-determined training sessions throughout the course of the program.
- Lead classes and other breakout sessions that focus on various, targeted subjects, including sales calls.
- Create & deliver new, consistent, and replicable content for sales classes, with the help of our Learning & Development team.
- On-board any experienced business development hire.
- Be able to support On-boarding & Classroom training as needed.
- Report directly to our Learning & Development Manager.
- Build strong partnerships with the L&D leadership team and Coverage/Carrier Leaders to collaborate and continuously improve training initiatives.
- Contribute to other Learning & Development initiatives as needed!
The ideal candidate is/has:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, preferred.
- 1+ years of customer-facing sales experience at a third party logistics provider and/or transportation company.
- 2+ years of 3PL experience.
- Flexible & solutions-oriented. In this environment, things change quickly and we need someone who can roll with the punches, provide creative solutions.
- Highly Organized and proactive. You will need to keep track of and stay on top of daily, weekly, and monthly schedules for each training cohort.
- The ability to challenge reps & hold them accountable through goals & metrics.
- A proven knack for building productive relationships with a wide spectrum of people. We have a diverse sales team, and your job will be to learn each rep’s style, motivation, and needs.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Working the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out – we have an on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked coffee bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!