Arrive Logistics is seeking a highly-motivated Data Scientist to join our team. Our strong, data-driven culture offers a unique opportunity for a Data Scientist looking to make an immediate impact across all functions and at all levels of the organization. As the fastest growing logistics brokerage in history, we are seeking someone who will thrive in a fast paced and evolving environment.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify analytical and reporting needs and document requirements.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering departments to support the company’s technology roadmap.
- Identify patterns in large data sets and develop machine learning and statistical models to automate everyday decision-making.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle data for use in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling.
- Support the design and development of new data structures to facilitate reporting and analytical capabilities.
- Visualize and communicate results to key business stakeholders based on analysis.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for analysis as needed.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends and conduct product evaluations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, or Information Management.
- Experience delivering BI and analytics solutions that involve statistical modeling and machine learning programs such as R and Python.
- Expert with Excel, SQL, SSRS, and Power BI or other data visualization tools.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
BONUS POINTS IF THE CANDIDATE HAS:
- Experience operating within an Agile PM environment.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry a major plus.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean business intelligence team.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago, IL or Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive salary.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out in our on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!