Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in the country, and we are looking for a Carrier Compliance Manager who will report to the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your compliance and management skills in a dynamic company setting. As our Carrier Compliance Manager, you will manage our Carrier Compliance team and the risks, costs and processes associated with it.
- Lead a Carrier Compliance team (currently consisting of four other members) that is tasked with vetting and onboarding new motor carriers and monitoring existing carriers against internally established standards and protocols. Arrive arranges for the transportation of our customers’ freight through third party trucking and logistics companies approved by Carrier Compliance.
- Manage the workload and strategy of the day-to-day activities of the Carrier Compliance team, which is situated within Arrive’s broader Legal Department, based on a detailed knowledge of industry standards for carrier compliance, including DOT/FMCSA and other requirements, safety ratings, monitoring, and common “red flags”.
- As the head of the Carrier Compliance team, report directly to the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs and liaise with the sales, human resources, claims, finance, marketing, and other departments within Arrive.
- Plan and implement Carrier Compliance continuous efficiency improvement initiatives (operational analysis, process improvement, capacity planning and project management), including integration improvements with Arrive’s proprietary transportation management system (TMS) and third-party compliance partners such as RMIS. This role will be tasked with significantly improving the current efficiencies of the team through improved technology/automation, training and protocols.
- Be responsible for creating, preparing, analyzing and presenting reports on Carrier Compliance metrics.
- Draft, update, and execute on Arrive’s carrier compliance SOP, taking into account acceptable risk parameters; design and update a training program for Carrier Compliance team members.
- Manage escalations of motor carrier and load issues and utilize negotiation skills to achieve acceptable results both internally and externally.
- Attend industry seminars, classes and continuing education programs to ensure the Carrier Compliance team remains appraised of industry trends and advancements.
- Either immediately, or within a reasonable period of time, serve as Arrive’s subject matter expert for carrier compliance matters.
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with third-party compliance partners and industry peers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, business administration, legal, safety management, compliance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of logistics or transportation industry experience.
- 2+ years of proven management skills and experience involving a small team.
- Located in Austin, TX or willing to relocate.
- Experience or aptitude in compiling and analyzing statistics and metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of a TMS or similar system and RMIS, Carrier 411 and other common tools for tracking and monitoring carrier requirements and safety records.
- A thorough understanding of carrier compliance laws, regulations, and industry standards, including the Carmack Amendment, DOT/FMCSA rules and regulations, Hours of Service requirements, ELD rules, and Hazmat.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management as well as external partners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural documents
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to speak/write clearly, concisely and articulately, and present to a varied audience.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment
- This position will supervise the Carrier Compliance Team.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!