The Carrier Relations Manager reports directly to the CFO and oversees a team of approximately 20 staff in 3 offices. This is a management and leadership role that plans, directs and reviews the work of the team. The Carrier Relations Manager leads the timely and accurate invoice settlement and payment as well as managing carrier payables aging within established targets. The Carrier Relations Manager will specifically be accountable for deliverables in the following areas.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage all aspects of carrier bill processing, including account set up; collection of required carrier documents; bill review and audit; cash disbursement (wire transfers, ACH, and checks); review and follow up of AP agings; and carrier account reconciliations.
- Manage, develop and mentor the Carrier Relations Team, including our outsourced processing team, by setting job expectations, providing individual feedback and conducting routine performance reviews.
- Develop and mentor the Carrier Relations team by setting job expectations, providing individual feedback and conducting routine performance reviews.
- Develop employee training tools that detail clear policies and procedures.
- Manage resolution of billing problems; resolve non-routine, complex issues with internal and external customers.
- Provide reporting of unsettled totals and exceptions statuses.
- Review accounts payable agings and provide professional weekly status reports.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding Arrive’s end-to-end order-to-cash processes and related systems (NetSuite, Hubtran, Accelerate).
- Make recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Plan and implement initiatives to significantly reduce cost per invoice processed.
- Review and approve or deny requests by carriers for payment terms.
- Next level approval for $5,000 – $10,000 VRA’s.
- Coordinate AP Unsettled meetings with Senior Carrier Managers.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3+ years experience supervising high volume AP in large complex organizations.
- Large ERP experience required, NetSuite experience preferred.
- Freight brokerage experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- This position will manage 3-5 direct reports and oversight of 20-30 total team members.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!