We are looking for a senior addition to our People Operations team who will own the compensation and benefits infrastructure in a complex sales environment! Arrive Logistics is in hyper growth mode, and we need someone who can successfully drive strategy & make recommendations that align with the company’s objectives. In this role, you will apply your previous experience to evaluate existing internal processes, examine external markets, and correctly position the way compensation, benefits, and payroll is executed at Arrive Logistics. This is a unique opportunity to shape the total rewards strategy of a flexible, growth-oriented company. If you have the subject-matter expertise, a passion for process, and the desire to take ownership of a function, then we cannot wait to meet you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Design, implement, and continuously update/improve compensation, payroll, & benefits plans aligned with the company’s business objectives and talent strategy, while ensuring the availability of market-driven program offerings.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on benchmark for salaries, variable pay and other rewards. Provide research and analysis of payroll and benefits programs and vendors to assess cost savings and process improvements to remain competitive and in compliance with health and welfare programs.
- Provide strategic direction in the development of competitive base and variable pay structures; job classification methodology; merit and incentive programs; payroll system and processes, and benefit programs.
- Develop, implement and continuously update salary and payroll administration guidelines and control procedures.
- Actively develop, implement, and manage all areas associated with the administration of compensation and benefits programs to include, but not limited to: payroll, 401(k) savings plan, health insurance, dental, disability, basic and voluntary life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), workers compensation and wellness programs.
- Develop and maintain written and electronic materials and documents for payroll and benefit programs, including I-9s, federal and state withholding, annual enrollment and new employee orientation forms and materials.
- Manage benefit open enrollment schedules and leads meetings and/or information sessions, drafts and sends employee communications, answers questions or inquiries, and transmits enrollment data to vendors or administrators.
- Manage leave of absence programs including Short Term Disability Maintain relationships with 3rd party providers and ensure data exchanges are monitored and executed with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure benefits and compensation plans meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements; consult with legal resources and stay abreast of developing legislation and its potential impact.
- Ensure compliance including 5500s, SPDs FLSA, ADA, ERISA, ACA, FMLA, etc.
- Develop, implement and continuously assess and update effective comp & ben related communications for employees.
- Manage/leverage third party providers and activities required to administer compensation, payroll, benefits, and retirement plans.
- Create reports to support effective management of benefit and compensation plans.
- Develop, implement, improve, and enforce policies and controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure that payroll journal entries are completed after each payroll run.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Detail advanced knowledge of compensation, payroll, and benefit plan design and administration as well as related laws and mandates.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, BI, databases and Microsoft Word.
- Skilled in use of cloud-based payroll and other benefits services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into meaningful analysis for non-technical audiences.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong team working and project management skills combined with ability to work as part of a cross functional team; company has a matrix structure where working across countries and functions is a part of reality.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- A BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or General Business.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation & benefits roles with increasing levels of responsibility, including management of payroll.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Experience with Multi-State locations.
- Certified Compensation Professional or Certified Benefits Professional is preferred.
- Experience working in a sales environment with a wide variety of compensation structures.
- Experience working in a self-funded environment; bonus points if you have taken a company from a traditional benefits structure to a self-funded structure! This is a HUGE plus!
- Able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Able to proactively question & challenge existing processes and identify solutions in a timely manner.
- A “big picture” thinker with a pragmatic & flexible approach to delivery.
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things.
- Personable, fun, and team oriented!
- A “let’s go” attitude – once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Collaborate alongside industry experts and People Operations leaders.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX.
- Receive extensive training and mentorship from leaders in Human Resources.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out using our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!