As the Controller you will have primary responsibility for leading the company’s accounting and financial reporting functions including general ledger, cash disbursements, vendor payables, customer invoicing, payment application, payroll, fixed assets, and taxes. The Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and as a leadership position will oversee an accounting team that spans three locations and approximately 30 team members.
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with USA GAAP. Accelerate the month end accounting cycle to 4 days.
- Develop standard reporting for cost center SG&A spending, contribution margin, and gross margin analysis.
- Own bank reporting and financial reporting of actual results to the board of directors.
- Draft monthly MD&A of results of operations, including variance analysis.
- Active participation in the monthly forecasting and annual planning processes.
- Significantly improve the Order-to-Cash and Procure-to-Pay transaction processing by developing expertise in the related transaction flows; close partnership with Sales and Operations; and driving a culture of performance/accountability for processing staff including offshore team members.
- Active partnership with Credit and Sales to ensure that customers are getting accurate invoices delivered timely.
- Work closely with Treasury function on cash management.
- Drive efficiencies through improved utilization of NetSuite and Adaptive Insights platforms.
- Build and develop the accounting team through effective recruiting, coaching, training and feedback.
- Oversee all accounting functions including A/R, A/P, G/L, taxes, and financial reporting.
- Active partnership with Credit & Collections to assist in timely collections and posting of customer payments.
- Lead the accounting processes including financial statement preparation, month end close, journal entry preparation, and transaction processing.
- Develop, document, monitor, and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to support timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Research professional GAAP literature and draft appropriate memoranda to support the company’s application of GAAP for specific issues.
- Ensure the successful completion of the end-year audit and support Arrive’s relationships with external auditors.
- Manage annual tax reporting process performed by outside CPA firm.
- Partner with Arrive’s executive team to ensure business needs are being met by assisting in the preparation of financial reports.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting from a respected educational institution.
- A master’s degree in accounting (preferred).
- Big 4 CPA with meaningful audit experience.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- 4+ years of staff supervision.
- Experience building and maintaining a strong team.
- Large ERP experience required, NetSuite experience preferred. Adaptive Insights experience preferred.
- 3+ years in a Controller role or related position.
- Strong process implementation and internal control skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive work style.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action.
- Highly motivated, passionate, competitive and energetic.
- A self-starter that thrives in a high energy environment.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
- Make an immediate impact with a lean Finance & Accounting team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.