Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in the country, and we are looking for a seasoned Controller who can successfully manage our accounting function. In this leadership position, you will oversee a large accounting team that spans three locations and over 30 team members. If you have a proven track record of success as a Controller, and the desire to apply that experience to an organization in hyper-growth mode, this could be the right opportunity for you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead all accounting functions including A/R, A/P, G/L, and taxes.
- Oversee the accounting department & associated responsibilities, including financial statement preparation, month end close, journal entry preparation, and transaction processing.
- Enhance and develop team through recruiting, coaching, planning, monitoring and appraising employees.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to support timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with USA GAAP.
- Research professional GAAP literature and draft appropriate memoranda to support the companies application of GAAP for specific issues.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, variance reporting, and forecasts.
- Ensure the successful completion of the end-year audit and support Arrive’s relationship with external auditors & consultants.
- Partner with Arrive’s executive team to ensure business needs are being met by assisting in the preparation of financial reports.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist CFO in developing a strategy to scale accounting infrastructure in the future, including people and process.
- Manage a team of 30+ with approximately 4 direct reports.
- Report directly to the CFO.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, required.
- A master’s degree in accounting, required.
- Big 4 CPA required.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- 4+ years of staff supervision, required.
- NetSuite experience, preferred.
- 3+ years in a Controller role or related position.
- Strong process implementation and internal control skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proactive work style.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience building and maintaining a strong team.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action and idea leadership.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership position at a growing organization.
- Working the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry & leaders in Finance.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401k program.
- Leave the suit and e at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!