Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in the country, and we are looking for a Corporate Attorney who will report to the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your legal skills in a dynamic company setting. As a corporate attorney, you will be involved in a wide variety of corporate and commercial legal matters.
In This Role, You Will:
- Be positioned between the SVP of Legal Affairs and existing contracts management/paralegal personnel.
- Provide oral and written corporate/commercial legal advice to a wide variety of internal constituents.
- Review and negotiate a wide variety of contracts on behalf of the company, including operational contracts, vendor contracts, IT agreements, licenses, facilities leases, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assist in the termination or re-negotiation of existing contracts and commercial arrangements.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the company’s equity awards program.
- Manage critical aspects of the company’s insurance program.
- Handle the escalation of credit and collections matters.
- Manage routine commercial litigation matters with the assistance of outside litigation counsel.
- Handle the escalation of shipper and carrier contracts negotiation from contacts management/paralegal personnel.
- Manage contractual aspects of the company’s facilities leases.
- Participate in the build out of the company’s corporate policies and related plans and procedures.
- Participate in the build out of the company’s contracts database.
- Other matters as assigned by the SVP Legal Affairs from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- A J.D. from a recognized U.S. law school (or equivalent).
- An attorney licensed to practice in Texas or currently licensed in another U.S. state with the ability to become licensed in Texas.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a corporate/commercial attorney at a recognized law firm or in-house for an established company. This is a junior corporate/commercial attorney position and remuneration will be commensurate with that level. The position offers the opportunity to grow and develop with the company.
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate/commercial legal experience in the logistics or transportation industry strongly preferred.
- Located in Chicago, IL and licensed to practice law in Illinois with the ability and willingness to become licensed in Texas.
- Strong legal fundamentals and knowledge of legal best practices, with the ability to be flexible and tailor approach and messaging to different audiences and circumstances.
- Experience working on a wide variety of contractual and corporate/commercial matters.
- Strong moral and ethical compass.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management as well as external partners.
- Ability to work well on a team as well as on your own with little supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret laws, regulations, and court decisions. Ability to write reports, policies, legal documents, business correspondence, and procedural documents.
- Ability to speak/write clearly, concisely, and articulately, and present to a varied audience.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean Legal team.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago IL!
- Earn a competitive base salary + variable, performance-based compensation.
- Train & collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out at our on-site gym!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!