The Customer Relations Manager reports directly to the CFO and oversees a team of approximately 20 staff in 3 offices. This is a management and leadership role that plans, directs and reviews the work of the team. The Customer Relations Manager leads the timely and accurate invoicing and invoice delivery as well as managing customer receivable agings within established targets. The Customer Relations Manager will specifically be accountable for deliverables in the following areas.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage all aspects of customer receivable processing, including account set up; invoice creation and review; invoice delivery and follow up; transfer of problem accounts to collections team.
- Manage Customer Relations department; establish measurable department/personal goals and measurable department performance metrics.
- Manage AR aging reviews with sales leadership. Drive focus on cash collection, and related processes, to limit AR 61+ DPD to less than 2% of total AR.
- Develop and mentor the Customer Relations team by setting job expectations, providing individual feedback and conducting routine performance reviews.
- Develop employee training tools that detail clear policies and procedures.
- Manage resolution of invoicing problems; resolve non-routine, complex issues with internal and external customers.
- Provide weekly reporting of invoicing totals, cash receipts, cash applications, and invoice adjustments. Review accounts receivable agings and provide professional weekly status reports. Set actionable goals for improvement of DSO on billed and unbilled receivables.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding Arrive’s end-to-end order-to-cash processes and related systems (NetSuite, Hubtran, Accelerate, EDI).
- Make recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Plan and implement initiatives to significantly reduce cost per invoice processed.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3+ years experience supervising high volume AR in large complex organizations.
- Large ERP experience required, NetSuite experience preferred.
- Freight brokerage experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- This position will manage and develop a team of 10-40 individuals.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!