The Customer Relations Team Lead will own the customer-facing accounting communication. Reporting to the Customer Relations Manager, this position will oversee a team of Customer Relations Specialists and Clerks, and work closely with the sales teams to ensure efficient and timely completion of all accounting tasks. On top of internal & external relationship management, this role also requires the execution of detail-oriented tasks to keep accounting running smoothly. This role is encouraged to make recommendations and improvements to existing processes.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide the Business Development team with an aging report and review weekly.
- Ensure customer invoices are accurate and issued timely.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts, with Seniors Sales Leadership.
- Identify trends and guide the team to reduce A/R aging and optimize collections.
- Respond to customers on any collection related inquiries and manage 2nd level escalations.
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding invoices.
- Build strong relationships with customers and factoring companies in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid according to terms.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales and sales management.
- Second-Level approver for $200-$5,000 RMAs.
- Monitor and manage workflow and daily targets to ensure timely delivery of agreed SLA’s.
- Track and maintain team level metrics and reports for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, aging, etc.
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Accounts Receivable – Escalations when total dollars of 61+ is greater than 10% of Total Aging.
- Lead team: involvement in selection/hiring process (as needed); provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role.
- 1+ year in a leadership role.
- Previous transportation experience preferred.
- Oracle NetSuite Experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!