This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills to an organization undergoing amazing growth and cutting-edge technological transformation! As a data scientist at Arrive, you’ll be joining a ground floor, highly ambitious team for a career-defining opportunity to transform our business from the ground up alongside industry experts. Rarely do you find a job with such a clear opportunity for directly impacting the company’s bottom line in a huge way.
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify analytical needs and document requirements.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering departments to support the company’s technology roadmap.
- Identify patterns in large data sets and develop machine learning and statistical models to automate everyday decision-making and generate insights.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle data for use in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling.
- Support the design and development of new data and data structures to facilitate analytical capabilities.
- Visualize and communicate results to key business stakeholders based on analysis.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends and conduct product evaluations
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business and 7+ Years of experience in Data Science, Business Intelligence, or Data Analysis, OR Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- Experience delivering analytics solutions using Python, R or Scala and pulling valuable data out of huge relational databases.
- Solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques like regression, decision trees, and clustering.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience thriving within an agile environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry a major plus.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Working the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out – we have an on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked coffee bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!