In this new leadership position, currently reporting through the finance organization, you will be actively engaged with all facets of commission-based compensation. The overarching objective will be to build and support a scalable commissions plan and process which inspires organizational trust and engagement as a valued business partner. If you have a proven track record of success in a leadership role related to sales compensation, and the desire to apply that experience to an organization in hyper-growth mode, this could be the right opportunity for you!
In this role, you will:
- Serve as an innovative business leader and cross-departmental liaison over all business processes related to commissions, including People Operations, Sales, Finance, and Technology.
- Hire and manage a team empowered with supporting the administration, approval, calculation, communication, design and reporting of commission-based compensation plans.
- Design, execute, reinforce and communicate sales commission plans which (a) attract, retain and motivate talent, (b) achieve company objectives and (c) reward exceptional performance.
- Revamp current commissions processes, making it more efficient and effective.
- Oversee and QC commissions calculations for sales team (~600 staff).
- Supervise key projects that enable simplification, automation and improvement of the end-to-end process, including:
- New ticketing / communication system.
- Design training materials.
- Overhaul commissions workbook.
- Implementation of cloud-based plan management tool.
- Support compensation structure overhaul.
- Maintain documentation and standard operating procedure related to the calculation of key policies
- Build financial models that evaluate different commission structures which align business objectives with sales team behavior.
- Utilize systems (Netsuite, PowerBI, Paylocity, Workday and Arrive’s proprietary TMS, Accelerate) to administer and report salesforce commissions.
- Institute and oversee monthly processes including the review of newly-proposed bespoke plans, design and implementation of standard operating procedures and lead monthly meetings with relevant stakeholders which inform of proposed process changes.
- Develop and support the monthly accrual for commissions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from a respected university in business, finance, statistics, or computer science. MBA or graduate degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years in sales incentive compensation, corporate finance or consulting (with a focus on commissions).
- Minimum of 3+ years in a managerial role that directly oversees a team (Sales Commission Compensation or finance team preferred).
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional designation preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and a general understanding of Google Sheets, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing incentive compensation plans specific to sales commissions, systems, processes and payments for a large commissions sales force required.
- Basic system skills and familiarity with Netsuite, PowerBI, Paylocity, and Workday preferred.
- Experience building a strong team.
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Enjoys analyzing and working with large data sets.
- Have strong process implementation and internal control skills.
- Exert exceptional interpersonal skills and bring a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action and idea leadership.
- Utilize strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy.
- Demonstrate unquestioned confidentiality, personal integrity and work ethic.
- Be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- This position will have supervisory responsibility over a small team tasked with supporting commissions processes for 600+ sales employees.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!