The Director of Service Delivery will lead all aspects of the user-facing IT organization responsible for solving IT issues, rolling out new technologies, and training end users to be savvy IT consumers. This role is equal parts technology and customer service focus; our amazing users deserve the coolest technology and a great IT partner to guide them in leveraging for maximum productivity! You and your team will be the “face of IT”, and will be constantly looking for ways to streamline our IT solutions, reduce technology issues in the enterprise, and increase partnership and collaboration among all functions in the organization.
- Own the relationship between IT and our users, proactively delivering excellence in service, support, communication.
- Develop and analyze KPIs to drive transparency and transformation into a world-class service and support organization.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of our Service Desk team across three domestic locations, including effective ticket queue management.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to gather and understand requirements, implement IT solutions, administer the technology, and deliver business value.
- Administer all communication and collaboration tools as well as onboarding/offboarding processes and automation.
- Own procurement functions for all of IT, including centralizing software licensing for business-managed applications.
- Own IT operational processes such as ticketing, SLA’s, toolchain, KPI’s, escalations, and outages, with an obvious emphasis on increasing user productivity through zero downtime initiatives.
- Proactively collaborate with department heads and end users alike to understand issues and develop creative solutions.
- Leverage employee feedback, team resources, and operational improvements to prioritize Service Desk workload & ensure goals and expectations are
- Mentor the members on your team through technical coaching and leadership.
- Create and implement operational improvements and SOP’s collaboratively to drive Service Desk productivity and team happiness…and measure, measure, measure!
- Lean in with your fellow IT peers to support other IT initiatives & projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, preferred (ie: Computer Science).
- 7+ years of related Service Desk experience, preferably in a high-volume corporate environment.
- 1+ year of people management experience, preferably on a Service Desk team.
- Obsessed with best-in-class user experience.
- Enabler of users through guided self-help; master of documentation.
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting modern technology platforms for communication and collaboration.
- Appreciative of feedback as a mechanism for improving customer satisfaction.
- Make decisions and drive outcomes through meaningful KPI’s and metrics.
- Thrive in chaos and fast-paced environments.
- Effective in prioritization, be able to step in and “do” while constantly leading by example.
- Influential, concise communicator; effective at conveying highly technical concepts to all stakeholders and consumers of technology.
- Constant out-of-the-box thinker that provides solutions, not problems.
- Passion for technology and productivity enablement.
- Appreciate ITIL and all its operational glory…but find ways to leverage agile philosophy to run a flexible, iterative, continuously evolving IT Service Desk.
- Very close partner of software development teams, adopting like tools for continuity, simplicity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Driven, self-starter, independent problem solver that loves to lean-in and collaborate with leaders, peers, and direct reports.
- Every day is a good day! Smiles are important and this job is fun!
- This position will supervise a team of 2-10 Service Desk Technicians.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!