Arrive Logistics is looking for an employee relations guru to join our People Operations team! This is an essential role on our strong team and plays an integral role at Arrive Logistics as the company continues to grow. As our Employee Relations Specialist, you will collaborate with Arrive management to promote positive manager-employee relationships and build culture, both within teams & across the company. Our ideal candidate has tactful interpersonal skills, a knack for successful conflict resolution, and a passion for creating meaningful employee experiences. If you’ve exhibited these qualities in previous roles and want to join an organization where your skill set is valued, this could be the right opportunity for you!
In this role, you will:
- Proactively build relationships with Arrive’s management – you are their resource for all employee relations matters!
- Advocate a positive employee experience and leverage your internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Respond to basic employee relations questions; and handle employee relations investigations with appropriate oversight.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations.
- Escalate complex employee relations issues & disciplinary actions to People Ops management as needed.
- Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminated employees.
- Maintain & provide the People Ops and appropriate department heads with exit interview feedback, and work to identity turnover trends.
- Complete standard separation agreements as requested.
- Maintain and complete all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA employee requests.
- Collaborate with People Ops to review EEO complaints and other work-related issues and case documentation.
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates.
- Support internal projects as needed, with an emphasis on building & maintaining the culture at Arrive.
- Report to our People Operations Manager and collaborate with the entire People Ops team.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops initiatives as needed.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- 2+ years in a Generalist or Employee Relations role with demonstrated ER experience.
- HR certificate preferred, but not required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Detail oriented – nothing gets by you!
- Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Strong desire to specialize in the employee relations sector of human resources.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Respect for confidentiality and personal tact – this is a MUST!
- Hustle that is unrivaled and a passion for your work that can’t be matched.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean People Operations team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.