The Employee Relations Specialist is a dynamic role that will work closely with Employee Relations as well as their designated business function. This team member will support line management on People Ops processes and employee relations matters. This position will also be the go-to resource for employee questions, such as requesting time off, viewing pay stubs, time sheets and updating personal information. If you are ready for a challenge, and excited to take ownership of a variety of essential responsibilities, we cannot wait to meet you!
- Proactively build relationships with Arrive’s management and employees- you are their first point of contact for all employee relations matters!
- Advocate a positive employee experience and leverage your internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Respond to basic employee relations questions; and handle employee relations investigations with appropriate oversight.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations.
- Escalate complex employee relations issues & disciplinary actions to People Ops management as needed.
- Act as a liaison for your assigned business function to facilitate transfers, promotions, and other employee changes as necessary.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminated employees.
- Maintain & provide the People Ops and appropriate department heads with exit interview feedback, and work to identity turnover trends.
- Maintain and complete all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA employee requests.
- Collaborate with People Ops to review EEO complaints and other work-related issues and case documentation.
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates.
- Support internal projects as needed, with an emphasis on building & maintaining the culture at Arrive.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops initiatives as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study (Communications, Human Resources, etc.)
- PHR or SHRM CP certification preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in human resources.
- At least 1 year of experience in employee relations.
- Experience with a temporary workforce is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Detail oriented – nothing gets by you!
- Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Strong desire to learn all aspects of HR.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Respect for confidentiality and personal tact – this is a MUST!
- Make an immediate impact on a lean People Operations team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.