As an Engineering Manager at Arrive Logistics, you will manage the people and processes for small and large scale projects in the Logistics industry and our organization. You will be responsible for the engagement of professional development of the team in addition to the delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable software to production on a regular basis. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and is responsible for the technical success of multiple development projects, teams and resources. Arrive Logistics will continue at a high rate of growth over the next few years and the Engineering Manager will be playing key roles as we grow, develop and mature the organization.
- Integral part to the direction and operations of our long-term strategies and guide our team towards a unified mission.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s, career development, reviews, recruiting, training, mentoring and other necessary functions as we grow and shape our teams.
- Analyze, design, implement and optimize processes that your teams will leverage to be effective, with a focus on autonomy.
- Evaluate new opportunities and make assignments based on areas of expertise and workload.
- Evangelize the core aspects of our engineering culture.
- Coordinate with your peers across the organization in both tactical interactions that keep development flowing, and the strategic conversations and decision-making that allow us to adjust to changing conditions.
- Advance the goal that everyone in your organization has timely and transparent access to the information they need to do their jobs effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders including internal stakeholders and customers, and be a trusted advisor.
- Ability and experience with working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, complex, fast paced environment across all levels.
- Technical acumen to understand and apply applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies.
The Ideal Candidate is/has:
- Excellent technical instincts including the ability to catch overly optimistic estimates before any long-term damage is caused.
- Utilize a broad range of rolls from pull requests to architectural reviews to guild and mentoring to ensure excellence.
- A great manager of people, your style will reflect this and your team will know that Arrive Logistics is the best place in Austin to do QA.
- A great manager of teams, your style will reflect this and will celebrate the individual personality of each team and facilitate each team’s path to excellence.
- Ability to determine which processes should be universal and which can be left up to the team, with a bias towards the latter.
- Document the core processes and teach your team to apply them consistently while simultaneously monitoring those processes and determining when a process has stopped scaling effectively or has ceased to be useful.
- Expert communicator with comfortability reinventing and validating your communications strategy regularly.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or 5+ years in a management role leading a team of engineers.
- Previous experience leading a modern software engineering team.
- Clear ability to pragmatically balance business priorities with technical constraints.
- Experience driving initiatives, while holding teams accountable for results and ensuring continuous improvement.
- A passion for hands-on mentorship of engineers and a process-honoring approach to software development.
- This position will be responsible for directing the duties and projects of multiple direct reports.
- Mentor team members in both their technical and professional development while simultaneously recruiting, retaining and developing exceptional engineering talent.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!