The Financial Analyst is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, and supports Arrive’s Talent/People organization with planning, forecasting, budgeting, financial analysis, data analytics and decision support. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
The Financial Analyst will specifically be accountable for goals in the following areas:
- Support the Talent/People organization with budgeting, forecasting, monitoring expense trends and reviewing actual expenses vs budget and forecast.
- Review the ROI and financial impact of proposed Talent/People initiatives.
- Mine and consolidate data from disparate systems for use in developing insights and supporting decisions.
- Provide scenario planning and comparisons of various operational alternatives.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Approximately 30% of workload.
- Calculate commissions for sales team (~400 staff) and bonuses for all staff (~800 staff).
- Develop and support the monthly accrual for commissions and incentive compensation.
- Support the Talent/People team with analysis of incentive compensation.
- Build forecasts and budgets for commissions and incentive compensation.
- Develop business requirements for a new commission software solution, along with related improvements in process simplification and automation.
- Approximately 70% of workload.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE THAT INCLUDES:
- Undergraduate degree from a respected university in business, finance, statistics, or computer science. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- 3+ years in financial and data analytics.
- 1+ years in commission analytics.
- Enjoys organizing and working with large data sets.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, comfortable with SQL queries, experience with data visualization and statistical analysis tools.
- High attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy.
- Proven track record of developing enterprise grade analytic solutions.
- Comfortable with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Unquestioned confidentiality, personal integrity and work ethic.
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership position at a growing organization.
- Working the booming city of Austin, Texas!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in Finance.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401k program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked coffee bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!