Arrive Logistics is looking for a People Operations leader to support our satellite offices and to champion our People First philosophy. This role will be based in Chicago and will also be responsible for partnering with our Chattanooga office. Although our satellite offices will be your focus, you will also ensure our entire employee group benefits from the engagement and support of our People Operations team - regardless of location! We are looking for someone who has a passion for ensuring every employee feels supported and gets the benefit of a highly engaged and fun culture. You will collaborate with Arrive management to promote positive manager-employee relationships and build culture, both within teams & across the company. As this role will oversee both traditional HR and Office Management, our ideal candidate has experience in management and creative leadership in both areas. We are a fast paced and highly motivated People Operations Team and if this opportunity feels like the next step in your career, this could be the right opportunity for you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Partner strategically with leaders to ensure a People First talent strategy is in place in our satellite offices.
- Keep our team motivated, engaged and in the right seats!
- Proactively build relationships with Arrive’s management – you are their resource for all People Operations matters!
- Execute top tier employee relations support in both offices in partnership with the People Operations Coordinator team.
- Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results.
- Strategic partnership with our Total Rewards and Talent Management team to ensure we are aligned and partnered in execution on human capital initiatives.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations.
- Lead through complex employee relations issues and disciplinary actions.
- Advocate a positive employee experience and leverage your internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Ensure all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA, EEO complaints and other work-related issues and case documentation is properly handled and records are maintained.
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates.
- Partner with retained employment counsel as needed.
- Oversee Office Management and engagement initiatives in both satellite offices through management and support of our Office Management team.
- Report to our People Operations Director and collaborate with the entire People Ops team.
- We are a strong team that works cross-functionally and works to ensure consistent delivery of employee experience.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops initiatives as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- HR certificate strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in HR roles with HRBP or HR Manager roles held previously. We are specifically looking for someone who has had high levels of ownership and people management previously.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You understand that communication is key and change management is an area of experience and passion.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Ideally you have worked in a remote ownership position previously. Connecting with HQ in a different location effectively is a skill!
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion. Respect for confidentiality and personal tact – this is a MUST!
- Hustle that is unrivaled and a passion for your work that can’t be matched.
- Work with the best – collaborate alongside People Operations professionals across our locations.
- Work in the heart of downtown Chicago IL!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Sweat it out at our on-site gym.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!