Arrive's leadership team is growing! We are looking for a corporate attorney who will work alongside and report to Arrive Logistics’ executive team. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your legal acumen, passion for in-house practice, and entrepreneurial spirit at a growing start-up! As our In-House Counsel, you will have a direct impact on the business and a seat at the leadership table.
In this role, you will:
- Review and revise a wide variety of commercial contracts involving customers, carrier partners, business development, service providers, licensing and intellectual property, hardware and software procurement, and employment.
- Supervise the management, maintenance, and improvement of the company’s contract management system.
- Provide ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on business initiatives and activities.
- Develop and implement various corporate legal compliance initiatives and training programs.
- Monitor and review any work performed by outside counsel.
- Review and draft legal and governance documents necessary for the organization’s operations.
- Contribute to other company goals and duties as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- JD licensed to practice law in Texas.
- 3+ years of relevant transactional experience practicing with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding standard contract terms.
- Proven ability to successfully leverage external counsel.
- High degree of organization and a bias for action under minimal supervision.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- A good attitude and drive for more professional experience while maintaining excellent work product with a high volume workload.
- Exceptional attention to detail; drive to perfect; and improve the status quo.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively.
- 1+ year of IP experience, preferred.
- 1+ year of transportation or freight brokerage experience, preferred.
- A “let’s go” attitude – once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Make an immediate impact with a growing startup.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive salary.
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!