In this role, the Leadership Development Manager will play an integral role in identifying leadership development needs and upskilling both new and experienced leaders. The Leadership Development Manager will also be responsible for coaching leaders, driving individual development and project management of leadership development programs and initiatives. In this role you will contribute through taking ownership of our leaders’ performance and working closely with our senior leaders to take the appropriate actions in developing our team.
- Creates a leadership development learning portfolio focusing on onboarding new leaders and upskilling current and future leaders.
- Assesses leadership learning needs and identifies solutions to improve our leaders’ skills.
- Partners with our employee relations and senior leadership team to vet learning needs and enable comprehensive learning strategies for our leaders.
- In partnership with our instructional designer, creates leadership trainings and resources ranging from online learning materials to live trainings and workshops.
- Facilitates in house and externally built leadership trainings.
- Ensures leaders understand and exemplify our leadership competencies while continuously evaluating the model to align as the business develops.
- Manages Individual Development Plans by coaching leaders and ensuring completion.
- Acts as a coach to our employee relations team to help them guide and develop our leaders.
- Facilitates and coaches on 360 reviews.
- Partners with others in Talent Management to identify future leaders and drive succession planning.
- Develops and runs leadership rotational programs.
- Defines success metrics, measures results, and provides reporting on the impact of the learning experiences.
- Provides trusted partnership, consultation, and perspective to influence and improve leadership development programs and practices.
- Leverages external thinking and research to shape our internal practices and build knowledge and awareness.
- Runs end-to-end program management of leadership initiatives and processes and drives a learning roadmap.
- Utilizes the LMS to store course curriculum and capture training participation and success.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Talent Management, Analytics or a related field.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in Learning and Development, Talent Management, Human Resources, or related field.
- Experience managing leadership programs, trainings and tools.
- Experience directly coaching leaders and familiar with coaching models and 360 Reviews.
- Experience working with competences and recommending development actions.
- Working knowledge of an LMS system (SAP Litmos,360 Learning etc.) a plus.
- Advanced G Suite skills including: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail are required. Advanced proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking skills and solution oriented mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity, results oriented, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to build positive and productive working relationships across a variety of teams and partners.
- Detail-oriented and strives for continuous improvement.
- Effective time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong acumen to identify future leadership development needs based on business strategy.
- Demonstrated success and credibility in influencing and facilitating all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify root cause, and determine appropriate solutions.
- Deep working knowledge of leadership development industry best practices.
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities but may in the future.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Working the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out – we have an on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked coffee bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!