This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills to an organization undergoing amazing growth and technological transformation! As an engineer at Arrive, you’ll be joining an ambitious, senior team for a career-defining opportunity to transform our business from the ground up alongside industry experts.
In this role, you will:
- Build microservices using modern methodologies and tech stacks.
- Work closely with your team to choose the best languages, libraries and frameworks for the task at hand.
- Learn the underlying data and work effectively with SQL Server and our other data stores.
- Commit to the kind of automation and testing that allows us to respond quickly to the business and deploy code without fear.
- Join an amazing team that’s built to operate autonomously, collaborate easily, and produce capital-Q Quality products while never forgetting the importance of team culture.
- Collaborate with Edge developers outside your team through guilds, hackweeks, pull requests, design sessions, and tech reviews to broaden your knowledge, friendships, and impact.
- Collaborate creatively with top-notch product and design teams.
- Invest in your coworkers’ and your own technical development through collaborative technical deep dives.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Has 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Documents architecture, engineering best practices, and design decisions so that everyone knows where to start when tackling a new problem.
- Demonstrates proficiency in modern back-end development and makes well-reasoned design decisions.
- Knows how to work with Java/Kotlin and SQL Server.
- Has a commitment to test coverage as a core principle – something backed by leadership.
- Has worked with Microservice/SOA architectures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Doesn’t hesitate to (kindly) identify and work through issues.
Bonus points if the candidate has:
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies.
- Experience with .NET Core or Kotlin frameworks.
- Experience with ML concepts and technologies.
- Experience working in the freight industry.
- Loosely held, strong opinions about how software should be built.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!