Arrive's claims and credit department is growing and we are looking for the right candidate to support the claims function for our Produce department! The Produce Claims Analyst will work closely with the Director of Claims, serving as the point person for managing and reviewing incoming Produce claims. The majority of this role will process and investigate all incoming claims being submitted and determine the carrier’s maximum liability, and/or information that is required prior to a claim being submitted to the Carrier. The Produce Claims Analyst will work closely with customer and carrier reps and with the Accounting team; as well as communicate with carriers, insurance companies and customers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Run point on the day to day claims processing for Arrive Fresh.
- Review claim documents for accuracy.
- Handle all claims from filing to resolution efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with carriers, insurance companies and customers.
- Understanding of Arrive’s and our carriers insurance policies.
- Work closely with customer reps, carrier reps and accounting.
- Research and evaluate evidence to make informed decisions and respond accordingly.
- Process appeals, declinations and payment
- Maintain aging claims within customer requirements.
- Work with Arrive’s insurance company on high value high priority claims.
- Work alongside director of claims to develop a tailored solution for Arrive Fresh.
- Develop and implement industry leading tailored solutions for Arrive Fresh claims.
- Work alongside Arrive’s BI/Tech teams to create claim prevention and management solutions.
- Execute salvage negotiations and relationships.
- Ensure Arrive’s protocols, insurance partnerships and tools are tailored to meet the needs of our food and beverage customers and carriers.
- Act as primary point of contact for Arrive Fresh for all customer and carrier communications to mitigate exposure, increase speed to closure and maintain overall relationships with our partners.
- Stay up to speed on all changing rules and regulations around food transportation.
- Build relationships with industry associations, FMCSA, PACA, Bluebook, FDA.
- Deliver initial and continued education to Arrive Fresh to ensure reps are educated.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, preferred.
- 1+ years of freight claims experience, preferably specific experience with perishable foods including fresh produce.
- Expertise on PACA, FSMA, FDA Transportation Regulations, Food Safety Trends, Cargo Insurance, Produce Bluebook.
- Drive to not only manage a process but contribute to a best-in-industry experience delivering a service to customers, carriers and reps.
- Experience with USDA Inspections and salvage situations.
- An ability to navigate complex business relationships to a positive outcome.
- A “let’s go” attitude – once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!