As our Regional Facilities Leader, you will be Arrive’s jack-of-all-trades - the oil in the well-oiled machine! From setting up desks to managing office moves to troubleshooting the alarm system, you’ll be the go-to person across the company to execute important physical projects and tasks. This position will provide support and problem solving to help resolve any onsite issues that have been identified by leadership with the goal of running a world-class workspace for our high-performing employees.
Note that during pandemic times, this role is designated as essential, and therefore is 75% or more onsite.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key facilities contacts and leadership of various business units for the Illinois, Texas, and Tennessee offices.
- Represents assigned regions as a liaison from Corporate Services Real Estate, Project Management and Planning teams, as well as a liaison to Environmental Health & Safety, Risk Management, Finance, Procurement and Legal with regards to real estate and facilities management activities.
- Performs site assessments and ongoing periodic inspections of facilities to assure maintenance for optimal function of building systems, weather prevention of building envelope, upkeep of landscaping/grounds, care of furniture, finishes and common areas as well as ensuring that recurring facility service provides are delivering an occupancy experience consistent with contract provisions and expectations.
- Actively participates in annual budget and capital planning and monitors compliance with approved operating budget. Supports an effective property reinvestment rationalization strategy to ensure that properties continue to perform as intended, meet business requirements, are safe and reliable and maintain their value. Develops cost controls associated with maintaining the facility, equipment and furnishings to assure operational efficiencies.
- Provides assistance and oversight of facilities management practices and conditions to ensure compliance with building codes, environmental, health and safety standards and office cleaning and organization requirements are being maintained, etc.
- Supports affective health, safety and emergency preparedness programs in collaboration with regional partners and key internal operational groups.
- In collaboration with local facilities management partners, reviews regional facilities management contracts, validates contract requirements are met and are in compliance with company policies.
- Makes recommendations on lease acquisitions or renewals, validates Landlord and Tenant responsibilities per lease agreement, reviews estoppels and coordinates with Corporate Services Transaction Management team to validate compliance with Arrive Risk Management and Tax requirements; acts as point of contact with Landlords.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Facilities policies and procedures. Leads and participates in sourcing strategies and real estate operational best practice development locally and across the entire Arrive real estate portfolio.
- Participates in, supports and/or manages construction or renovation projects as necessary and in collaboration with the designated construction management team. Consults with regional business leaders on all construction and renovation projects and acts as the liaison to support regional real estate project activities.
- Assists with space planning and recommendations for departmental moves, relocations and building exits including termination of utility and other facility recurring service contracts.
- Acts as subject matter expert and works cross functionally with all Business Unit facilities teams, including assisting with coordination and interaction with Finance/Lease Administration, Planning, Program Management, Project Management and Transaction Management. Works to develop and provide consistent practices, and quality customer service.
- Participates in disaster recovery and restoration services for events affecting facilities within the assigned region.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Strong background and experience in facilities management and property management.
- General understanding of building construction and architecture is required, with the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record.
- Must be available to respond to calls 7 days a week 24 hours per day.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and ability to create reports and tracking.
- Must be able to use office equipment, including telephone, computer and printer.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to ensure work related responsibilities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, customers, management and contractors.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, fast paced and high demand environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while working with highly sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment with heavy workloads and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills with ability to speak effectively and exercise judgement in communications with leadership and employees.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 5+ years supervisory experience.
- 10+ years experience in commercial facilities or property management in a corporate atmosphere.
- 10-30% Travel required. Depending on location.
- Occasional critical emergency response after standard work hours.
- Available to work overtime when required.
- This position will directly supervise the Facilities team and work closely with IT, People Operations, Office Management, and Technology teams to complete action items and initiatives.
- Apply your experience to a role within a growing company.
- Working the heart of downtown Chicago, IL!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out – we have an on-site gym.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked coffee bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!