This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills to an organization undergoing amazing growth and cutting-edge technological transformation! As a data scientist at Arrive, you’ll be joining a ground floor, highly ambitious team for a career-defining opportunity to transform our business from the ground up alongside industry experts. Rarely do you find a job with such a clear opportunity for directly impacting the company’s bottom line in a huge way.
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify needs, create hypotheses, investigate data science solutions, test results, and work with engineering to put into production.
- Collaborate with Product, User Experience, and Engineering departments to execute the company’s technology and data science roadmap.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle large data sets to identify patterns and develop machine learning models to automate decision-making and generate insights.
- Stay abreast of emerging data science research and trends and continuously upskill your capabilities as new methods and techniques are developed.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) and 5+ Years of experience in Data Science role OR Masters/Ph.D. and 3+ Years of experience.
- Experience delivering machine learning models and data science solutions using SQL and Python.
- Solid knowledge of statistics and experience using machine learning techniques such as random forest and boosted trees for regression and classification.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience thriving within an Agile environment.
- Experience formulating and solving optimization problems is a plus.
- Experience working in cloud environments and specifically with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies is a plus.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry is a major plus.
- Take ownership of your career at an amazing tech-powered company that has grown to about $1B/yr in sales in 6 years and just got a $300M in investment to grow even more!
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym, and yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!