The SQL Server DBA at Arrive Logistics will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product life-cycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain local and cloud based database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
The Strong Candidate Is/Has:
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server and Azure SQL instances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Focused and effective in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications (this is a plus!).
- This position has the possibility of supervisory responsibility
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!