The Senior Employee Relations Specialist is a dynamic role that will work closely with the Employee Relations team and their assigned segment of the business. This team member will work closely with People Ops Management and line managers to help carry out deliverables, tactfully and strategically. This position can also be the go-to resource for employee questions, such as requesting time off, viewing pay stubs, time sheets and updating personal information. The Senior Employee Relations Specialist will also resolve employee relations issues and provide recommendations to the business for all issues regarding employees and programs. If you are ready for a challenge, and excited to take ownership of a variety of essential responsibilities, we cannot wait to meet you!
- Proactively build relationships with Arrive’s management – you are their resource for all employee relations matters!
- Advocate a positive employee experience and leverage your internal relationships to proactively create culture-building opportunities across the organization.
- Coach managers on employee issues such as performance management, difficult conversations, and conflict management.
- Execute disciplinary actions, including performance plans, employee warnings, and terminations.
- Escalate complex employee relations issues & disciplinary actions to People Ops management as needed.
- Have your ear to the ground; you are the front line People Ops representative to bring feedback from our employees and managers to People Ops management and leadership.
- Investigate higher level employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues; recommend appropriate resolution of complaints and monitor results.
- Conduct exit interviews for terminated employees.
- Maintain & provide the People Ops and appropriate department heads with exit interview feedback, and work to identity turnover trends.
- Maintain and complete all FMLA, Medical Leave and ADA employee requests.
- Collaborate with People Ops to review EEO complaints and other work-related issues and case documentation.
- Support internal projects as needed, with an emphasis on building & maintaining the culture at Arrive.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study (Communications, Human Resources, etc.)
- PHR or SHRM CP preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in human resources.
- Minimum 2 years experience in employee relations.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Detail oriented – nothing gets by you!
- Ability to focus on a single project from start to finish.
- Strong desire to learn all aspects of HR.
- Ability to conduct themselves with a high level of discretion.
- Respect for confidentiality and personal tact – this is a MUST!
- Make an immediate impact on a lean People Operations team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.