We are looking for a Lead/Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The ideal candidate should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Senior QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing automation and manual tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). You will be responsible for leading and mentoring the other QAs while enforcing the QA standards. In addition, you will be the “Go-To” person for coding problem solving and technical irregularities. You should have strong experience across functional (FE, BE, and API) and non-functional testing (Stress, Load, Usability, etc.).
This role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting automated and manual tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the company needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Mentor teams on coding best practices.
- Assist teams when difficult algorithms and coding problems arise.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing end-to-end problem resolution.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases (TestRail).
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools (Visual Studios, C#, Selenium webdriver).
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs (Jira).
- Validate high-risk changes before they are integrated into the main version to ensure stability and basic functionality.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Liaise with internal & external teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Deliver feedback and reports to the team and actively participate in Scrum activities.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Experience and/or Education:
- Understanding and experience (AWS/Azure), CI/CD.
- Mobile testing experience/automation (Appium) is a plus.
- Understanding of testing techniques and methods.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, scripting, API testing, and converting SQL to LINQ.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and with non-functional testing..
- Knowledge of security testing is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of QA Engineering work experience or 6 years of experience in IT related field.
- Being a Team player with the willingness to engage with others
- Communicate in a manner that both technical and non-technical people can easily understand
- Excited to learn and try out new things
- Being a problem solver. Not afraid to ask questions when there are “grey” areas
- Ability to hold productive meetings
- Desire to share knowledge for the improvement of others
- Have a passion for coaching and mentoring
- Having a sixth sense of identifying gaps or pain-points within a project due to past experience
- Must be able to demonstrate confidence and adaptability in the environment around you
- Able to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!