With $650M in revenue and growing, we are looking for a Senior Accountant be a key player on Arrive’s Accounting team! Reporting to the Controller, this role will lead the month-end close process and play a significant role in monitoring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This person will be detail oriented, dedicated and embrace the challenges a fast-growing start-up brings.
- Perform month-end close responsibilities including complex account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis. Looking for ways to help accelerate the close process.
- Review GL coding and cost center assignment to ensure correct management reporting.
- Review expenses at a cost center level for accuracy and understanding of key trends.
- Maintain and approve Expensify transactions for Corporate Credit Cards.
- Collaborate with AP, AR, Payroll & Cash Application team to ensure accurate accounting.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget with FP&A team.
- Draft professional presentation materials to discuss financial trends and variances.
- Prepare for and participate in external audit requests.
- Support cost center management with decision support and expense management.
- Create ad-hoc reports and analyses to support cross-functional teams as well as Finance & Accounting teams.
- Assist Controller with overall process improvement leveraging automation in Netsuite and special projects, as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field.
- CPA is required.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in financial accounting.
- Audit experience and/or Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite (or other similar ERP), Expensify, Adaptive Insights is a strong plus.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, and “go-getter” attitude.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean Finance & Accounting team.
- Collaborate alongside leaders across the entire business.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.