With $800M in revenue and growing, we are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to be a key player on Arrive’s Accounting team! Reporting to the Controller, this role will lead the month-end close process and play a significant role in monitoring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This person will be detail oriented, dedicated and embrace the challenges a fast-growing start-up brings.
- Perform month-end close responsibilities including complex account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis. Looking for ways to help accelerate the close process.
- Review GL coding and cost center assignment to ensure correct management reporting.
- Review expenses at a cost center level for accuracy and understanding of key trends.
- Maintain and approve Expensify transactions for Corporate Credit Cards.
- Collaborate with AP, AR, Payroll & Cash Application team to ensure accurate accounting.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Draft professional presentation materials to discuss financial trends and variances.
- Prepare for and participate in external audit requests.
- Support cost center management with decision support and expense management.
- Create ad-hoc reports and analyses to support cross-functional teams as well as Finance & Accounting teams.
- Assist Controller with overall process improvement leveraging automation in Netsuite and special projects, as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in financial accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Audit experience, Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite (or other similar ERP), Expensify, Adaptive Insights a strong plus.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, and “go-getter” attitude.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment a plus.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities but will work closely with other team members.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!