Arrive Logistics’ UX Design team is seeking a versatile and pragmatic Sr. Designer who thrives in discovering and defining new user experiences. You have worked in and waded through the big enterprise UX experience and now want to apply your knowledge and learnings to a new product as we define the future. You are intrigued by complexity, excel in making things usable and intuitive, and can build and evolve a design language system. You thrive in connecting and collaborating with the people who use our software daily and industry experts, who are both on-site and an integral part of our research, design and testing process.
In this role, you will:
- Lead design for your product area from concept to development, while working cross-functionally across the organization with product managers, business analysts, industry executives, in-house user groups, and our product training team.
- Collaborate with other design team members through group design reviews to keep interrelated parts of the platform aligned from a content, design, and experience perspective.
- Lead by example for best practices, developing the design language system, patterns, and standardized components.
- Conduct in-house generative user research to understand user needs, requirements, and opportunities, and document with personas and journey maps.
- Collaborate with Product Management and engineering to understand and refine functional system requirements.
- Build high-level process flows, interaction models, and information architecture.
- Create and iterate from wireframes to visual design to prototypes.
- Lead in-house testing sessions with users to test and iterate concepts.
- Produce production-level specs and variants for different data shapes and states.
- Support designs through development for quality of production.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- 5+ years professional experience delivering in UX design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing for enterprise level systems.
- Experience in leading design from concept to implementation.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Experience with design components and best practices.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Expert knowledge of design software Sketch and Abstract.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Invision, or others).
- Bonus: Expert knowledge of user management and defining user roles.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!