As an SVP of Strategic Partners - Retail at Arrive Logistics, you will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth in the retail sector, using your experience in retail to build Arrive Logistics’ credibility in the C-suite and with Supply Chain Executives. This role will require new business acquisition in addition to growing existing Retail accounts leveraging Arrive’s robust technology, capacity solutions, and capabilities. The ideal candidate will come from a large Retail Shipper or Asset-Based Carrier bringing both operations and procurement experience.
- Creating and implementing operational plans that support seasonal surge needs for big-box retailers.
- Established relationships with key decision makers within the retail sector, specifically in Supply Chain and Transportation functions.
- Leverage your experience as a trusted logistics advisor to get Arrive Logistics in front of senior leadership at big-box retail accounts.
- Cultivate executive sponsorship by demonstrating your depth of industry, shipper, and market knowledge.
- Increase Arrive’s footprint by selling, developing, and designing custom solutions for our new clients and our largest active clients.
- Contribute to new business acquisition through consultative selling and creative vision.
- Set the growth vision for Arrive’s largest accounts; develop & improve upon processes in order to continually go above & beyond for our clients.
- Skillfully negotiate rates & volumes with accounts for a variety of transportation services.
- Own Arrive’s core growth metrics for the clients in your territory.
- Own the Quarterly Business Review process and develop innovative ways to present critical metrics to illustrate Arrive’s brand & growth.
- Prevent leakage to competition by establishing best in class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Prepare Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed and work with operations to implement them.
- Manage mission critical issues and ensure overall customer relationships are thriving.
- Mentor younger sales team members when needed and appropriate.
- Remain up to date on logistics, supply chain, and transportation trends.
- Stay vigilant on competitive service offerings and technology platform innovations.
- Be a thought leader within the organization and challenge the status quo.
- Work in your respective market(s), traveling up to 50% or more when necessary. This is a remote role that will focus on big-box retailers throughout North America.
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience working directly with big-box retailers on transportation coverage and strategy.
- Proven experience developing business development initiatives and growth plans with big-box retailers.
- We are only considering candidates who have big-box retail and transportation expertise.
- Experience working at a Fortune 500 Retail Shipper or Asset-Based Carrier is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Strong ability to quickly build trust with different levels of management.
- High level of initiative and hustle.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to collaborate with a seasoned team of executive customer relations professionals. The team will be composed of 10+ professionals working together to drive Arrive’s growth.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.