The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, support and upkeep of servers and other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other urgent issues. Other duties will include project management, software implementation, planning for future hardware/software upgrades, and maintaining a tight change control process. The System Administrator will also have a hand in assisting the engineering and security teams with server administration needs they have.
- Build integrations between systems and platforms to streamline ease of use for employees
- Provides Tier 2 escalation support for Service Delivery Technicians and Senior Service Delivery Technicians
- Serve as an integral part of the execution of Arrive’s Infrastructure Road Map
- Be responsible for resolving alerts from monitoring, backup, and security tools
- Install, configure, maintain and support firewalls, switches, servers, desktops, laptops, and any other relevant Arrive technology
- Monitor and troubleshoot support solutions such as anti-virus, backup, disaster recovery, spam filtering, and other solutions as necessary
- Contribute to the transition from server-based to cloud-based technology solutions.
- Engineer tools and scripts that help automate account creations, monitoring, quick resolutions and prevention for software issues
- Create and update documentation surrounding processes, installation guides, and support manuals
- Standing up new systems and network configurations as necessary
- Deploy and configure automation applications and processes
- Provide Security patching for servers and workstations
- Be available for after-hours on-call as necessary
- Maintain or improve technical proficiency via courses, exams, certifications, etc.
- Collaboration with other departments to deliver on strategic business objectives as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years Customer Service experience, preferably with 2+ year training experience.
- 3+ years Networking and Server administration experience
- A high school diploma/GED equivalent
- Associates or Bachelors Degree/ IT/Computer Science certifications are a bonus
- Has a deep understand of network components, architecture and management of operating systems and servers
- Experience with firewalls, network switches and routers, and identity management tools
- Experience with cloud-based solutions along with VM management
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize among multiple deliverables and initiatives
- Thrive in both a team environment and working autonomously
- Self motivated and goal-oriented
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn and to be challenged in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Okta Single Sign-On
- Experience with Jamf deployment and management
- This person will have no supervisory responsibility but will work cross functionally as a dotted line to the Service Desk team.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!