In this role, you will lead the initial onboarding experiences as well as continued training and development. Your responsibilities include partnering with recruiting on workforce planning, managing our sales class initial onboarding, and developing training programs for various areas of the business. Additionally, you will identify needs for continued professional development and run development programs. Your goal is to ensure employees have an amazing onboarding experience, successful training in their role and upskill our workforce with continued development so that our employees are successful and engaged in their roles.
Essential Functions – Onboarding:
- Drives for a world class onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Manages all onboarding communications and processes.
- Creates onboarding plans for all executive hires.
- Evaluates the success of onboarding.
Essential Functions – Training:
- Identifies learning needs and translates them to training programs.
- Leads the initial entry level training program for sales hires prior to them entering advanced training.
- Develops and leads full cycle training programs for support service hires such as accounting and technology (specific functions will depend on our growth).
- Manages sales class start dates for the year.
- Plans trainer needs and allocates resources to ensure we are staffed appropriately.
- Owns industry and skill set training (such as google suite).
- Owns professional development and certification partnerships with external vendors.
- Partners with the instructional designer to create virtual learnings to meet our development needs.
- Evaluates the success of training programs while ensuring trainee success is measured and tracked.
- Researches best practices in training and development.
- Acts as an expert in our LMS (currently Litmos).
Essential Functions – Partnerships:
- Partners closely with the Business Development and Carrier Sales L&D Managers to ensure initial classroom training is meeting expectations.
- Bridges the gap between Business Development and Carrier Sales training to ensure a consistent experience where needed.
- Works with multiple stakeholders across varying levels in the organization.
- Provides trusted partnership, consultation, and perspective to influence and improve training programs and initiatives.
- Builds a strong partnership with Talent Acquisition; evaluates trainee performance and manages a strong feedback loop with TA management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Learning and Development or a related field
- A minimum of eight years of experience in Training, Learning and Development or related field.
- A minimum of four years directly managing trainers.
- Experience leading training in a sales environment is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with a Learning Management System
- Advanced G Suite skills including: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail are required. Advanced proficiency in Excel preferred
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking skills and solution oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate concepts and outputs to non-analytical audiences verbally, through email, and in presentations
- Intellectual curiosity, results oriented, with a strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to build positive and productive working relationships across a variety of teams and partners
- Detail-oriented and strives for continuous improvement.
- Effective time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong acumen to identify future talent needs based on business strategy.
- Demonstrated success and credibility in influencing and facilitating all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify root cause, and determine appropriate solutions.
- Deep working knowledge of talenting and development industry best practices.
- Leads an Onboarding Specialist, a Corporate Training Specialist, and two Training Team Lead. Indirectly leads Sales Training Specialists.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary + incentives.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!