As a Design Manager at Arrive Logistics you will be managing and coordinating designers across multiple teams. You will be working with other cross-functional leaders to set the strategy and manage the process and quality and of UX design delivery. You are a player/ coach who can step in to design when needed as our team grows. You thrive in seeing a path forward, connecting workflows, and working fluidly across different teams. You are a problem solver who can track down answers, find opportunities and brainstorm different directions.
- Develop and grow a team of designers in your core business area or functional group.
- Facilitate and coordinate design work across your team to ensure that it delivers on business needs, user needs, and strategic product direction.
- Mentor and direct best practices for design work- from high-level process flows, interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, to designs and prototypes.
- Contribute to and support in-house user research to uncover user needs, requirements, and opportunities, and documentation of personas, workflows and journey maps.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering and product operations leadership to support the strategy, design and release of interrelated features.
- Collaborate with business and product leadership to develop, plan and communicate strategic initiatives.
- Opportunity to work as an individual contributor as you grow your team.
- Support and evolve Design Language System standards and contribute to our growing library.
- Contribute to an amazing and collaborative work culture.
Experience and/or Education:
- 5+ years professional experience delivering in UX design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing a team of designers.
- Experience designing for enterprise level systems.
- Experience in leading design from concept to implementation.
- Experience with design components and best practices.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Expert knowledge of design software Sketch and Abstract.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Invision, or others).
- Bonus: Expert knowledge of user management and defining user roles.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!