So who is our next UX designer? Ideally you are just starting your career in UX, either changing careers, or perhaps have 1-3 years experience already. You’re looking for the opportunity to be an integral team member as we build a new interface from scratch. This will be an in-depth product education from research, concepts, iterative testing, detailed design, to production. Here you will experience how software products are made and shipped, working side-by-side with other designers, product managers and developers. You bring a passion for working hard, getting the job done and chasing the details to the finish line. You are intrigued by complexity, are dedicated to the call of bringing a consumer-style UI to enterprise software. You thrive in connecting and collaborating with the people who use our software daily and industry experts, who are both on-site and an integral part of our research, design and testing process.
The Product Group at Arrive Logistics designs the freight transportation platform that coordinates the interconnected experiences of our brokers, shippers, and carriers. Our platform is the epicenter for business transactions and provides real-time visibility and collaboration for sourcing, matching, arranging, and the guaranteed delivery of 30,000 truckloads of commodities per month.
- Support design for your product area from concept to development, while working collaboratively across the organization with product managers, business analysts, industry executives, user groups and our product training team
- Collaborate with other design team members through group design reviews to keep interrelated parts of the platform aligned from a content, design, and experience perspective
- Help develop best practices, a design language system, patterns, and standardized components
- Conduct in-house generative user research to understand user needs, requirements, and opportunities, and document with personas and journey maps.
- Build high-level process flows, interaction models and information architecture.
- Create and iterate from wireframes to visual design to prototypes
- Lead in-house testing sessions with users to test and iterate concepts
- Produce production-level specs and variants for different data shapes and states
- Support designs through development for quality of production
- 2 – 4 years professional experience delivering in UX design
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field or equivalent experience
- 2-3 portfolio examples showing some of the following: business problem, research, personas, journey maps, process maps, information architecture, design language system, development of concepts, testing, production specs, and final product
- Strong visual design and content hierarchy skills
- Expert knowledge of design software Sketch, Invision, and Abstract
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Invision, or others)
- Experience in the freight industry
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive base salary.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Work alongside logistics experts & leaders in technology.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out using our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.