As a Vertical Expansion Manager at Arrive Logistics, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to expand Arrive’s presence within the Automotive Industry. This role will require both development of short and long term strategies. Success in both short and long term will require cultivation of new partnerships through business development activities. In addition to identifying new business, you will be working with Arrive’s existing accounts, building meaningful relationships from the top to bottom to allow for continued growth year-over-year.
The ideal candidate will have vast experience in the Automotive supply chain and transportation business. This experience should include business development, custom solution design and pricing. As Arrive expands, you will play a vital role in the development of our business as we continue to solidify ourselves as a major player in the 3PL space. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your experience in the transportation industry and take your career in a new direction as you contribute to a competitive, forward-thinking organization. We are looking for a passionate, seasoned leader with robust experience in the automotive logistics industry to come in with high energy and vision, set the tone, and get results through strategy, leadership, collaboration and execution.
- Leverage your experience as a trusted logistics advisor to get Arrive Logistics in front of senior leadership within your vertical.
- Develop an implementation strategy to partner with Arrive’s business development and carrier teams to focus on the expansion of the automotive freight vertical.
- Work alongside executive leadership to create a vision that will allow Arrive to become a solutions leader in this industry.
- Develop + lead training initiatives to increase floor expertise for all things related to the automotive transportation and supply chain. Including, Border crossing, Operations, JIT, Milk Runs, Supply Chain.
- Cultivate executive sponsorship by demonstrating your depth of industry, shipper, and market knowledge.
- Increase Arrive’s footprint by selling, developing and designing custom solutions for our new clients and our largest active clients.
- Contribute to new business acquisition through consultative selling and creative vision.
- Set the growth vision for Arrive’s largest accounts; develop & improve upon processes in order to continually go above & beyond for our clients.
- Skillfully negotiate rates & volumes with accounts for a variety of transportation services.
- Own Arrive’s core growth metrics for the clients in your vertical.
- Own the Quarterly Business Review process and develop innovative ways to present critical metrics to illustrate Arrive’s brand & growth.
- Prevent leakage to competition by establishing best in class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Prepare Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed and work with operations to implement them.
- Manage mission critical issues and ensure overall customer relationships are thriving.
- Remain up-to-date on logistics, supply chain, and transportation trends.
- Stay vigilant on competitive service offerings and technology platform innovations.
- Be a thought leader within the organization and challenge the status quo.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of transportation management experience.
- 5+ years of automotive account management or business development.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- Strong ability to quickly build trust with different levels of management.
- High level of initiative and hustle.
- Able to collaborate with seasoned teams and implement strategies and obtain buy in and program adoption.
- Make an immediate impact at a growing organization.
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our 401k match program.