Arrive Logistics is a people-first organization and we are looking for someone who is as passionate about our employees’ experience & engagement as we are! As our VP of People Operations, you will lead all initiatives related to performance management, retention, and workplace culture. We are looking for a proven leader who can effectively mobilize & motivate their team to achieve extraordinary results. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with department leaders to ensure our People Ops team stays in lock-step with the business.
With our 700+ employees spread across 3 locations, this role has the ability to make an incredible impact on Arrive’s growing workforce! Your passion for human resources leadership combined with your proven ability to execute complex strategies will be invaluable to the impact that our People Operations team is able to make!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provide people management and mentorship to our People Operations team.
- Develop and lead talent review & planning process.
- Oversee all People Operations budget.
- Drive succession planning.
- Create & execute compensation strategy.
- Lead innovative retention strategies.
- Oversee onboarding & continued education.
- Drive efficient workforce planning process.
- Innovate and react to changing business & market realities.
- Form strong partnership with talent team on recruiting & talent needs.
- Ensure overall policy and compliance.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies within the team.
- Drive team development & growth.
- Foster and grow a high-performance organizational culture.
- Partner with legal heavily on employment law strategy.
- Lead change management initiatives.
- Champion diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Build a metrics driven team philosophy that thrives on results.
- Report directly to our Chief People Officer and oversee our growing People Operations department.
IN YEAR ONE, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Achieve on-target retention within the bounds of business expectations in partnership with effective retention strategies.
- Cultivate a high-performing, best-place-to-work culture in all offices built on energy and buy-in.
- Define development plans that allow our workforce to grow, develop, and mature.
- Implement a healthy talent review process that forces performance management and keeps drama & distraction to a minimum.
- Build confidence in the data we evaluate and the data-driven decisions we make.
- Roll out a robust & intentional internal communication strategy.
- Create a strong & effective management development plan.
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE HAS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a relevant field of study, required.
- A Master’s Degree and/or related Human Resources certifications, preferred.
- Experience leading a People Operations department at a company with 1,000+ employees.
- Mastery of compensation & benefits strategy, implementation, and evaluation.
- Hands-on experience with workforce planning.
- Proven ability to successfully lead a robust People Operations team.
THE ROCK STAR CANDIDATE IS:
- A natural leader. You are passionate about managing a high-performing team, and excited to support each team member in their career development.
- An open-minded collaborator. You have a unique (and valuable) perspective that you are able to seamlessly blend with new environments.
- Able to check their ego at the door. You can give & receive productive feedback, and know that objectives are most effectively made as a team.
- Boldy committed. This is a phrase we live by at Arrive Logistics – we walk the walk.
- Make an immediate impact. This is a brand new leadership position, and all eyes will be on you.
- Collaborate alongside business leaders to achieve shared goals.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Sweat it out using our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.