In this senior role on our growing IT team, you will manage and oversee the design & development of software applications, our application architecture and manual & automated testing. As our VP of Software Engineering, you will work internally with developers & architects, as well as cross-functionally with other teams to continuously deliver a web-based software platform. The role is best-suited for someone with prior technical experience as a software developer who has transitioned to a leadership and managerial role thereafter. The VP of Software Engineering will work with multiple teams (both local and international) to ensure milestones are met and day-to-day work is prioritized and implemented.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Report directly to the CIO and work closely with our EVP of Product to define and drive the technical strategy and architectural vision that supports the successful execution of the product vision and business strategy.
- Organize and grow the development teams to meet our business needs.
- Recruit strong software developers and provide guidance on their day-to-day jobs.
- Work with overseas software developers and vendors to recruit, build, and maintain development teams.
- Manage and mentor developers of varying experience levels and skill sets.
- Recommend information technology process, policies, and procedures by evaluating desired organizational outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Work with the Product team to ensure backlog is full and requirements are able to be efforted, designed, and eventually implemented by the dev teams.
- Collaborate with BAs, QAs, and the dev teams to facilitate communication and ensure sprint commitments are met.
- Coordinate between scrum teams, understanding overall priorities, dependencies, and subsequent deliverables.
- Oversee software architects and lead developers to ensure coding standards are met, design decisions take long-term viability into account, and provide guidance of overall application vision.
- Oversee the quality assurance group to ensure both manual and automated testing is built and deployed to ensure high quality and drive towards continuous deployment.
- Communicate with upper management and executive team to understand roadmap and overall software delivery and priorities.
- Help coordinate with BI, EDI, and Service Desk teams to ensure delivered software integrates with other systems and that user support is accounted for.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven technical leadership skills.
- 3+ years of experience with scrum process and guiding best practices.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership role on our growing IT team.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX.
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in technology.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!