Our explosive growth is your opportunity to start or accelerate your career in a high-impact, Accounts Receivable Specialist role on our finance team. We’re looking for candidates willing to go above and beyond to deliver the results, service and experience that we pride ourselves on at Arrive. The Customer Relations Specialist position is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable functions of their assigned accounts. The Customer Relations Specialist serves as the primary contact for their assigned sales team and related customers. This position runs reports, accurately maintains AR aging, analyzes and distributes information, monitors incoming payments and works directly with customers to resolve billing and invoicing discrepancies. The Customer Relations Specialist works closely with our BizDev, Carrier Sales, Operations and CashApp Teams.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the primary AR contact for customers and your assigned Sales Team. Follow up with assigned BizDev reps to ensure that responses to rate requests, accessorials, approvals, etc. are being completed within time standards. Create and monitor customer aging reports and work closely with customers and sales teams on collection of invoices to maintain payment within aging requirements. Meet metrics and aging requirements for assigned accounts. Collect past due invoices.
- Build relationships with key customers and communicate with them regularly to ensure Arrive is paid timely and resolve any concerns or delays. Manage invoicing for assigned customers, ensure billing methods are accurate and invoices are being sent to the customer in a timely manner. Provide payment terms and details to every customer and ensure their understanding of payment expectations. Complete set up for ACH payments as needed. Enter/maintain up to date notes regarding payment status to ensure strong documentation and communication.
- Review and analyze accessorial charges that may require specific approval and billing instructions; ensure accessorials are billed correctly.
- Research short and overpayments, misapplied funds, payment errors, unapplied cash, etc and work closely with the customer, BizDev and CashApp team to resolve these errors in a timely manner. Resolve uninvoiced revenue and unapplied cash on a regular basis to ensure loads are being invoiced timely and customer payments are applied accurately and promptly.
- Resolve invoicing failures.
- Create, monitor and actively work on customer aging reports to keep the aging accurate and current. Share aging reports with customers as needed.
- Work closely with Customer Relations Clerks on invoice uploads and adjustments needed for accurate billing rates.
- Train Customer Relations Clerks on daily tasks and quality control their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 2+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Industry experience preferred
- Oracle NetSuite experience & expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity to work effectively in negotiation discussions with customer and sales reps
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel-ability to do vlookups and pivot tables is required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and adaptability to work in fast paced environment
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the city of San Antonio, TX – we are in a convenient location 20 minutes from the city.
- Park your car for free on site plus covered parking!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a free coffee.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.