We are looking for a dynamic professional to service our company’s coffee bar, prepare beverages, and execute POS transactions. As a Broker’s Brew Barista, you will wear many hats; from providing top-notch customer service to ensuring the back-end operations run smoothly to being a resource for all things food & beverage related. The ideal candidate has a passion for quality and excellence, experience in the coffee business, and a positive personality.
This position offers the unique opportunity to contribute to a thriving company and showcase your skills as a Barista! Please note: This position is only Monday- Friday, no weekend work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with our Broker’s Brew team to manage every aspect of Arrive’s full-service coffee bar.
- Take orders, prepare, serve and/or deliver beverages and prepared food (cookies, breakfast items, pastries) in a timely manner and meet quality standards.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses. Manage the relationship with our vendors and coordinate all product offerings, deliveries, and payments.
- Ensure the community areas and coffee stations are clean and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment, to include minor troubleshooting of brewing equipment and reporting maintenance issues.
- Assist with all ordering and deliveries including inventory.
- Place all necessary orders for office snacks and beverages.
- Routinely clean the kitchen, cafe, and coffee bar areas.
- Communicate customer feedback, recommend new menu items or upgrades, and develop new beverage recipes.
- Work closely with our Cafe Manager and other Broker’s Brew staff to ensure success.
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and regulations.
- Perform any other administrative, events, or workplace duties as requested by the Cafe Manager to support the Facilities team.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role/environment.
- Must have Food and Beverage certification.
- Experience working autonomously with little to no supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build relationships.
- Ability to physically stand for long periods, occasional lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Extra attention and care for COVID-19 procedures.
- Knowledge of food/beverage equipment from working in a cafe/kitchen environment.
- Strong ability to multitask and solve problems quickly.
- Energetic personality combined with a can-do attitude.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Make an immediate impact on our Broker’s Brew crew!
- Earn a competitive hourly wage + tips!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.