As Business Development Associate Manager at Arrive, you will play a vital role in the development of our business as we grow into a top 5 North American freight brokerage You will leverage your industry knowledge and high energy to coach, engage, and develop new business development reps into high performing multimodal freight brokers.. This is an opportunity to apply your robust freight brokerage expertise to a leadership role.
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert in the Arrive business model and sales narrative.
- Assist in landing and expanding logos within the team
- Engage & develop the <18 month tenured reps on the team to strategically grow their portfolio and capabilities.
- Collaborate with all multimodal leaders, including cross border, and increase freight volume selling all modes and service offerings.
- Embody a solutions minded leadership style, attack issues and solve them
- Set expectations for your team and ensure each rep is meeting/exceeding their metrics and goals through one on one engagement and team initiatives.
- Strengthen your reps’ knowledge of the freight market cycles and assist with pricing opportunities.
- Support award management functions to ensure we’re accepting and receiving the appropriate number of shipments per our contractual award agreements by customer.
- Work closely and collaborate with your business development manager to drive and support all company projects and initiatives.
- Assist with aging to minimize past due invoices, invoices adjustments, and reduce OTIs.
- Act as a liaison for other departments and department leaders for their respective team.
- Support and implement service initiatives in conjunction with the BizDev Service Operations Team.
- Full understanding of ArriveNow platform including all functions and capabilities and ability to train all direct reports and drive adoption.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study and at least three years of previous experience in Customer Sales or Account Management at a 3PL or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complete Arrive L&D Associate Manager Training Program*******
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- An existing book of business and account contacts is preferred.
- Demonstrated market awareness and ability to price TL shipments accordingly.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other team members to achieve results.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Desire to develop the next generation of freight brokers.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities of direct reports within a Business Development Manager’s Team.
- The ability to challenge team & hold them accountable through goals & metrics.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.