Our explosive growth is your opportunity to accelerate your career in a high-impact, Cargo Claims Manager role. We’re looking for candidates willing to go above and beyond to deliver the results, service and experience that we pride ourselves on at Arrive. The Cargo Claims Manager will own the cargo claims process from start to finish. Reporting to the VP of Finance Operations, this position will oversee a team of 10+ claims team members working closely with the sales teams to ensure accurate and timely review of all claims. On top of internal & external relationship management, this role also requires the execution of detail-oriented administrative tasks to keep claims running smoothly. This role is encouraged to make recommendations and improvements to existing processes aiming for efficiency and efficacy.
What You’ll Do
- Provide weekly reports and updates on outstanding and pending claims.
- Analyze all claims and identify all risks and ensure the processing of all claims as per company policy.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all programs and provide support to all open claim file reviews and manage all payment cycles to ensure compliance to all contract requirements.
- Investigate the circumstances of potential Arrive losses and offer solutions.
- Work with Senior Cargo Claims Analyst to develop, innovate, and maintain training documents and materials.
- Provide continuous training allowing for follow-through and follow-up.
- Record and analyze claims metrics and data for the purpose of evaluating the health of Arrive as related to claims.
- Respond to customers and carriers on any claim related inquiries and manage second level escalations.
- Hold weekly meetings for High Priority Claims with the Claims team and Director.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts with internal and external customers.
- Build strong relationships with customer and carrier companies in an effort to ensure all claims are resolved according to terms and in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal sales and sales management.
- Track and maintain Claims Analyst and Senior Claims Analyst metrics for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, etc
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes that improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Evaluate the performance and hold direct reports accountable for performance and addressing any performance issues appropriately.
- Lead team involvement in the selection/hiring process as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in a Cargo Claims leadership role
- 3+ years experience in transportation
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills with a desire to grow personally and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, when necessary.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays! Breakfast is provided on Mondays and lunch on Fridays. Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.