At $2B+ in revenue and growing rapidly, Arrive Logistics is one of the premier freight logistics services providers in the country. We are expanding our Legal Group with a new Commercial Litigation Attorney position. This exciting role will be responsible for managing, coordinating and providing timely and practical legal advice and assistance on Arrive’s litigation and claims matters. You will also be involved in a wide variety of other legal matters.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to Arrive’s General Counsel and coordinate with the General Counsel on all matters set out below
- Manage, in conjunction with outside counsel, the defense of personal injury claims made against Arrive as the result of incidents involving motor carriers hired by Arrive.
- Become a subject matter expert in, and keep pace with changes to, the litigation environment applicable to freight brokers.
- Analyze, implement and improve Arrive’s processes and procedures as they relate to claims and litigation prevention, mitigation, coordination and response.
- Provide legal advice and assistance to Arrive’s Claims Team in the handling, prosecuting and defense of cargo claims matters; coordinate with outside counsel in this regard.
- Provide legal advice and assistance to Arrive’s Credit and Collections Team in the collection of past-due accounts receivable and to Arrive’s VP of Finance operations in customer and carrier bankruptcy matters.
- Coordinate closely on best practices with Arrive’s Carrier Compliance Team.
- Work on other legal matters and projects as assigned by the General Counsel from time to time, either independently, in conjunction with the other members of the Legal Group, or with cross-departmental teams.
- A J.D. from a recognized U.S. law school (or equivalent).
- An attorney licensed to practice in Texas or Illinois or currently licensed in another U.S. state with the ability to become licensed in Texas and/or Illinois.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a commercial litigation attorney at a recognized law firm or in-house for an established company. This is a junior attorney position and remuneration will be commensurate with that level. The position offers the opportunity to grow and develop with the company.
- 1+ years of experience with a freight broker, a motor carrier or otherwise in the U.S. logistics or transportation industry preferred.
- Labor and employment law experience a plus.
- Strong legal fundamentals and knowledge of legal best practices, with the ability to be flexible and tailor approach and messaging to different audiences and circumstances.
- Experience working on a wide variety of litigation and claims matters.
- Strong moral and ethical compass.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management as well as external partners.
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently with little supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret laws, regulations, and court decisions. Ability to write reports, policies, legal documents, business correspondence, and procedural documents.
- Ability to speak/write clearly, concisely, and articulately, and present to a varied audience.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment.
The Perks of Working With Us
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays and Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX – we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Your Arrive Experience
When we say “award-winning culture,” we mean it. We’ve already earned “Best Place to Work” honors from Inc. Magazine (three years in a row!), Austin Business Journal and the Chicago Tribune. We intend on topping many more of those lists in the years to come, but we’re not in it for the trophies. We’re committed to culture because it keeps us connected to each other and invested in our shared success while having a blast along the way. Our employee-founded resource groups create communities within Arrive’s walls, including Women in Logistics, Emerging Professionals, PRISMS, Black Logistics Group, and Salute.